Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mini milestones in his first month :) 4/4

3rd week starts 29 Dec 2015 to 9 Jan 2015

Jasper is growing fantastic this week.. in fact, I looked back at the photos when he was 2 weeks old and miss the small arms and legs! He grow up so fast! :) My boy...


He has outgrew the blue onesie end of last week, the one he wore home from hospital. The same one Jasmine continue to wear and outgrew at 2nd month, is already too short for him.

He was born 50cm, 5cm longer than Jasmine. He wears 3-6m size clothings comfortably now and there's a pair of pants that seemed tight already.

When we put him on the changing table to sleep, many times mummy said he was hot like a fireball so maybe that's why he doesn't really like to sleep there. We tried putting a dimple pillow for him to lie down on.







At first Jasmine protested and said the pillow belongs to her and her bear bear... until we had to cover it with a white napkin.. but after few days she was ok to share. Phew!
See that dimple pillow? She used to snatch it back saying "no... bear bear one!"


This was still where we change diaper for him. Thankful for Janet & Kang Wei to lend us this very useful table! It really makes diaper changing much easier. 


He very much prefers to sit on the rocker where he sleeps longer and fuss lesser.


Other than that, he mostly wants to be carried in order to sleep. If I feed him and put him down, thinking he might fall asleep or continue to sleep... 8 out of 10 times, he will cry until someone carry him... to sleep. -_-


And as usual, Ah Ma will definitely be there for him.


As my confinement draws to a close on 9th January... Anne caught mummy said to Jasper one morning "Jasper, Ah Ma 再两天就要回去muar了,你要靠自己啦“  :) :)  





We noticed that he has no more redness in his right eye. Also his swollen breasts has gone down completely. Praise the Lord! But his face is showing some rashes, like pimples. According to doctor, it's sensitive to fur around him. We suspect is Jasmine's soft toys but it's inevitable so we didn't bother to keep those away.




He is my burping baby. He burps very loup especially when we put on over our shoulder. That's the most effective. Whenever he doesn't seem to be able to settle after drinking milk and pooping, we guess he is having trouble in releasing wind.

He poops about twice during the day and once or twice during the night. His timing is often 3am to 5.30am. Sometimes I had to stay up for an hour to feed him, rock him, wait for him to poop, clean his diaper, feed and rock to sleep. Occassionally he will poop second time and I had to repeat the cycle. If no poop, he wakes up approximately every 2 hours.

This boy, is a drinker. When my milk flow is too fast, he tends to kick his legs fiercely while drinking, like he was frustrated. And it's very funny when he cough loudly when choke on the milk. Is like an old man choking on water but he never once spit out or vomit out milk. I will lift his head higher for him to be on sitting position and slowly pat pat on his chest. This happens mostly when he drinks round 2 after pooping. And I love to see milk dripping out from his mouth.
I don't remember Jasmine has that...

He has always been smelling like a newborn angel.. but one day this week, I smell him and felt that he has a type of body oil odour. It's unpleasant... it reminds me of my koko's pillow. Anne and mummy agreed too. I was puzzled, what could be causing the bad smell? His nose? Found some mucus stuck in there. Brown mucus. But the smell is still there. His ears? Cleared some dry stuffs. But the smell is still there. His hair? Maybe... I shampooed thoroughly.. smell is still there. Is so weird.... Sometimes directly after bath the smell won't be that strong but at night is the strongest. Maybe he is sweating. @.@

We have church friends came visit on Saturday. :) They also brought presents. We realised the visitations and gifts has reduced tremendously when it's not first child haha. But it's ok because we are also not the usual couple to send presents to the parents who have first kids! :P

Thankful that these people came visit despite us not doing it first. Hehe.
Jasper fell asleep in Dr Jill's arms.

Jack & Jill bought Jasper this beautiful boy outfit from H&M. It's size 0-3.... and when I put it on for him... TIGHT. Like just nice and a little struggling when removing it. So he only managed to wear once.. because he is so huge. Haha. 


Mummy is the one who spent the most time connecting with Jasper, talking to him and studying his facial expressions. She said he is very close to smiling already!

This is usually how we spend time in the living room throughout the day.



And mummy always cook up a storm in the kitchen.
We took a group photo with our confinement team! :D :D Sweet memories. :) I was shy to apologise for my short fused moments... so I must make sure I say it tomorrow, who cares if it's too awkward. :P

Here are some "sayang 弟弟" moments, closely supervised. 




Mummy say we must make sure Jasmine don't press on Jasper's head too hard. 



Jasper no longer cries during bath. In fact, he looks like he quite enjoy it. 



Just to remember how loose my tummy was... still waiting to see it shrink further.


On 6th January, this was my last confinement meal from catering. I do not miss the food at all! Mummy & Anne who helped heat up the food for me said they don't dare to discuss with me how they were also quite sick with the food, just by smelling twice a day. Imagine I eat twice a day. -_-

After my last confinement meal, we eat out at Aeon Big... I had seaweed fried rice for lunch that day. Yummy! Followed by pretzels. Mummy love her sesame seed pretzels. My favourite flavour too.
We waited very long because the lady burnt our sesame pretzels and had to re-do. Mummy was so tempted to ask her not to throw away the burnt ones because she would like to have them. -_-
That's how we wrap Jasper up in the stroller. :D

On 8th January, after all the delays by my company, finally they issued RM65k cheque to pay up our Serena and we could drive the car home! So we packed Jasper into Forte and went to Jalan Ipoh to complete the procedures.
Vehicle will be under my name so had to go to the JPJ for verification of IC for name transfer.
And after few hours... finally, we are HOME. Big car is our newest member.
We immediately put in both car seats and gotten the car ready for its first mission. Drive us to Homes. This was our first time travelling out with both kids. Mummy and myself were sitting at the back and we went to pick up Aunty Barbara.
So here's Jasper's first homes. Only 7 people... 

This is how he looks like when he cries. :) 
And how Jasmine will try to comfort him. "Don't cry 弟弟"

Mummy requested for a trip to Mothercare at Subang Parade before his full moon, just to get him some nice new clothes!

Our first time out with our double stroller.  If only Jasper can sleep properly in there, I will think it's the most suitable equipment for us. -_-
Jasmine enjoys the front ride seat.

We ate at Esquire Kitchen, of course we pack along my confinement meal. Jasper couldn't sleep in there and fuss a lot. Sigh. 
That includes when we go clothes shopping.
I had to feed him milk and burp him at Parkson.

We bought some house clothes from anakku and pigeon brand. And some dressy clothes at Mothercare. Ah Ma couldn't resist carrying the crying Jasper. 
He just loves being held up straight.

Finally, on 9th January, we celebrated his full moon!  We did a small celebration, inviting only family and relatives. This was our breakfast with Koko & Evelyn with us. :)
And just pure family time..

Jasper was wearing size 6-9m t-shirt with a pair of old maroon leggings. Mummy debated that it is female leggings but I proved to her that it is a metro leggings. The t-shirt was of course from Mothercare!

\





A group photo :) :)
Koko is a little bit too tall... :P
Jasper's ang pow from ah ma, jiu jiu..... I can't remember who else...

Mummy cooked red wine mee sua, catered nasi kunyit curry chicken, 30 ang koo kuihs and a large oreo crepe cake!
So we invited relatives from my mummy side - Ah Wei jeje, Jocelyn (her daughter), Ping Ping & Hendra came. We also invited relatives from my daddy side - Ai Fei & Ai Ling (Sa Jek's daughters) came.




Duai Ee & Swee Lin jiji was supposed to come but Yi Wu had to undergo bypass surgery so they cancelled on us. We instead went to visit them at IJN that evening itself.

Jasper wasn't used to travelling out. He was very restless the whole time at IJN. I was having a bit of hormonal attack where I sweat lots of cold sweats when I feel sold. It makes me feel weak and sick. I had to ask Joshua to help buy me some bread and I ate up almost the whole loaf of cake-bread.

Here's a little tradition. Full moon anklet from Ah Ma. Worn by Jasmine until she had to go to daycare. So we put it on for Jasper.
Will remove once we send him to Lian.

So there, our boy is already 1 month old. :) A stressful month.... but still thankful that I get to experience being a mother to a baby boy, looking forward to sweeter moments! :) 

No comments: