Tuesday, November 23, 2010

White lilies

Daniel & Jade were engaged on the 17th Nov !

I was in charge of the flowers that day. *cold sweats*

I am not a flower person.... but when I walked into the florist shop, I knew the bouquet she prepared was ugly. :P Dan told me Jade likes white lilies, so I called few hours before my arrival that I would like a white lilies bouquet.

The florist, tied up the white lilies + white roses + red cherries + small purple flowers with yellow and white paper... You may not be able to imagine it but when I know I can't pay for that bouquet. I asked whether she can change, she said yes, so I went to pick my own papers. ;)

I selected transparent plastic paper and the scalloped lilac paper. I so thank God I told her it's for proposal so she tied it the "round" way, which makes it nicer for pictures. I didn't know there were so many ways of tying a bouquet of flowers? Lesson No. 1 learnt.

I also requested for the red cherries to be entirely removed as I do not want to introduce too many colours, I wanted the lilies to stand out. She didn't see what i mean until she tied the plastic paper in. She said "you're right, now it does look nicer." PHEW!!!

But she did add the white & green leaves at the side, which some of the guys made fun of, because it reminds them of their plants at home. -_-

At last, we touched up with a gold ribbon. I picked it too. :)

When it's finally done, I realised the bouquet is so huge! And Jade is so small... the florist said I should've told her my friend is small size. -_- Lesson No. 2 learnt. So much to learn even just in buying a simple bouquet of flowers! But I must admit I love the outcome of the bouquet!! Looks so much better than when I first saw it. :D





When I finally hold the bouquet of flowers... I feel.. so proud.. :) I really liked the colour combination ! And I realised.. the dark purple + white + green + lilac, that's exactly the colour theme of our wedding next year.. hahaha.. Maybe we can use white lilies as decoration. I am starting to love lilies! :P



Dan proposed in a pork restaurant that night. It was a surprise to Jade. Hehe. And right after that, we all feasted on pork, it was all on Dan. So generous! :)

Congrats to the lovely couple! Do you think the bouquet is a little big on her? I hope it's not so serious. :P


I also gave Dan some ideas of writing funny sentences on cards to make it more interesting. So here're some of those they took photos with. :D I accidentally became the background. :P But they're smart, they cropped me out to use it as profile picture. Hehehe.


This is my favourite. "Jom Kahwin!" (Let's get married!) The malay word was wrongly spelled by Dan's sister. :S


On our way back to our car, we bumped into a ridiculously huge sign on selling unwanted stuffs... so we took turns to take some funny pictures. This was ours. I wish the lighting was better! I was actually grabbing unto Joshua's t-shirt! Haha...


Well, one more wedding next year. I'm getting wedding bells from all corners! It's really the season!

No comments: