Just some before pictures.
Before the renovation process started, we always enter 71 at night to discuss about renovation so we did not have the chance to snap any proper before photos. Tenants moved out on 2nd April and renovation started on 21st April. So only when contractors came to start work on Saturday, we realised we had to catch the before shots.
Regret to say, on 21st April, when Joshua was busy entertaining his parents, I went to open the house for contractors alone. I grabbed a camera with me, Lexy, only to realise that the batteries were flat. :( And I don't remember why I didn't just snap away with my phone, it was also hard because contractor were asking me questions all the time.
Anyway, in the evening or the next day I can't recall, Joshua brought Cammy to 71 and snapped the below photos. :)
Masterbedroom parquet floor.
Parquet staircase. It looked fine here... but I was advised by cousin brother to remove it because it's old already. If we keep it and change only in future, more work and more expensive. Joshua dislike parquet because he grew up with it, so the decision to get rid of parquet was confirmed.
Kitchen. Ah Hoong has demolised the kitchen concrete top. It was the original built by the developer.
Garden area. We could still see grass then, now it's all covered with trash. I still want a garden 2 feet by 7 feet there, I hope the sand or cement or concret thrown on the earth will not destroy the quality of it.
Before the renovation process started, we always enter 71 at night to discuss about renovation so we did not have the chance to snap any proper before photos. Tenants moved out on 2nd April and renovation started on 21st April. So only when contractors came to start work on Saturday, we realised we had to catch the before shots.
Regret to say, on 21st April, when Joshua was busy entertaining his parents, I went to open the house for contractors alone. I grabbed a camera with me, Lexy, only to realise that the batteries were flat. :( And I don't remember why I didn't just snap away with my phone, it was also hard because contractor were asking me questions all the time.
Anyway, in the evening or the next day I can't recall, Joshua brought Cammy to 71 and snapped the below photos. :)
Masterbedroom parquet floor.
Parquet staircase. It looked fine here... but I was advised by cousin brother to remove it because it's old already. If we keep it and change only in future, more work and more expensive. Joshua dislike parquet because he grew up with it, so the decision to get rid of parquet was confirmed.
Living room. The tenant actually polised the floor so it looked shiny.
I would've kept the flooring if only the skirting is of a better material. It was cracking and almost impossible to get rid of the stains that's been on it over the years. Kitchen. Ah Hoong has demolised the kitchen concrete top. It was the original built by the developer.
Garden area. We could still see grass then, now it's all covered with trash. I still want a garden 2 feet by 7 feet there, I hope the sand or cement or concret thrown on the earth will not destroy the quality of it.
Everything is original, no renovation was done to this place before. Only some repairs when old tenants move out leaving the place in bad condition.
We started the renovation without the money in our pockets... now when I think of it, I wonder where did we find that courage to say Yes to the contractor! Ah Hoong has started asking for gradual payment.. we look at our thin bank account savings.. it's running out. It's scary. We thought our monthly earnings could help but last night my credit card statement is showing RM2.5k, because we spent RM1.8k on bathroom stuffs earlier. I want to say, this is first time ever in my life, I tasted not having enough money. I thank God for a comfortable life of 28 years, and now I'm wondering how other people deal with this issue? Do they make their EPF withdrawals? Do they use credit card as a loan? Do they borrow from their other family members? My mum told me, lovingly.. that when I have insufficient fund, I know who to go to.. that made me want to cry further.... mummy why are you always so selfless, you're always there when I needed, your hand is always the first to catch me when you know I might fall just anytime..... We are accepting a small financial aid from mum. Sigh, sad to say I'm still a 28 year old mummy's girl. I will strive to pay her back as soon as possible. Even with that small financial aid, we still have quite a lot to go.... and now working on some deals regarding bank loan and maybe some EPF withdrawals.... pray that everything will go smoothly. :)
There're some hard decisions about the house we have to make every single day.. it's frustrating when the thing is done and then I regret about it. I try not to, but my nature is I will dwell in it all day "i could have..." "if I didn't I will now have...." all kinds of thoughts shooting up down left right.... May Holy Spirit continue to guide us.. continue to shower us with His grace and mercy... grant us wisdom so that the right decisions will be made. Amen...
There're some hard decisions about the house we have to make every single day.. it's frustrating when the thing is done and then I regret about it. I try not to, but my nature is I will dwell in it all day "i could have..." "if I didn't I will now have...." all kinds of thoughts shooting up down left right.... May Holy Spirit continue to guide us.. continue to shower us with His grace and mercy... grant us wisdom so that the right decisions will be made. Amen...
No comments:
Post a Comment