It brings in quite some light into the living room, although there's a beam up there which block out like 30% of it, we planned to hack it but discovered the electricity wires that runs paralell along the residential houses... simply put it, we can't touch it otherwise the whole row of houses may be affected.....
Another area downstairs where we can see some sunlight will be our kitchen. I'm so glad the awning behind didn't stop the sunlight to enter. :) We were frying ARROW-head there. It was delicious and we need to buy & fry more! :D

On Saturday, I removed and machine washed the cushion covers. Just as I was assessing the entire living room, I know the brown sofa there was not suitable. It was never an original plan to keep it here for so long...

I was actually eye-ing on this chaise lounge from Ikea! I still think it's the most suitable for our living room. It will give a more open and spacious feel to the whole space. Plus, I will be able to lie down comfortable while watching FRIENDS on TV on my right... while enjoying the sunlight from my left... Out of all colours, I've never doubted the best colour is grey. I wish they have a navy blue, but nope. :(

Ultimately, I will definitely want to buy this chair lounge. We didn't buy it earlier because we were trying to cut down on expenses. So we just made do with the old sofa which has some sort of "skin disease". We covered it with blankets and have to sweep the floor quite often because of the dropping or peeling skin.
Anyway, the time has come... the deal on the small condo we invested in has came to an end. And by 1st Feb, we would be getting our keys and gain full entrance into the unit as official property owners. ;) My plan will be for this "skin disease" sofa to be shifted to the condo, because we'll be renting out. I figured we don't have to buy new one because tenants tend not to take care of your furnitures, so I will discard this sofa once the tenants abuse it. :)
I have came up with 3 phases.
Phase 1 - to make a cover for this "skin disease" sofa so maintaining it's look will be easier.
Phase 2 - sent this sofa to Jati 1 condo and buy the Ikea chaise lounge
Phase 3 - to make new cushion covers for our rotan sofa, to match to chaise longer's grey tone.
You know I can't just sit around when I have a step 1, 2, 3 plan, so I immediately started Phase 1 on Sunday!
My mum, Anne and I picked this navy blue elastic fabric from Nagoya textile shop in Carefour for RM2.80 per meter. I simply calculated and bought 8 meters. Total RM23. After mummy went back to Muar, I started measuring, cutting the fabric and sewing at 5.30pm!! It took me at least 30 minutes to figure out how to use the sewing machine again, but the feeling was so good when I finally could run the needle through the fabric.. :) I only stop for dinner and worked till 11.30pm.

I continued again on Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night.......
And Thursday was public holiday, I finally finished it!!!

It's not the best but I was worried I would give up half way or screwed it up, I still like the outcome.

:D And no doubt I'm so much faster with the sewing machine by now! :) :)
Can't wait for Phase 2 and Phase 3 ;)
Another area downstairs where we can see some sunlight will be our kitchen. I'm so glad the awning behind didn't stop the sunlight to enter. :) We were frying ARROW-head there. It was delicious and we need to buy & fry more! :D
On Saturday, I removed and machine washed the cushion covers. Just as I was assessing the entire living room, I know the brown sofa there was not suitable. It was never an original plan to keep it here for so long...
I was actually eye-ing on this chaise lounge from Ikea! I still think it's the most suitable for our living room. It will give a more open and spacious feel to the whole space. Plus, I will be able to lie down comfortable while watching FRIENDS on TV on my right... while enjoying the sunlight from my left... Out of all colours, I've never doubted the best colour is grey. I wish they have a navy blue, but nope. :(
Ultimately, I will definitely want to buy this chair lounge. We didn't buy it earlier because we were trying to cut down on expenses. So we just made do with the old sofa which has some sort of "skin disease". We covered it with blankets and have to sweep the floor quite often because of the dropping or peeling skin.
Anyway, the time has come... the deal on the small condo we invested in has came to an end. And by 1st Feb, we would be getting our keys and gain full entrance into the unit as official property owners. ;) My plan will be for this "skin disease" sofa to be shifted to the condo, because we'll be renting out. I figured we don't have to buy new one because tenants tend not to take care of your furnitures, so I will discard this sofa once the tenants abuse it. :)
I have came up with 3 phases.
Phase 1 - to make a cover for this "skin disease" sofa so maintaining it's look will be easier.
Phase 2 - sent this sofa to Jati 1 condo and buy the Ikea chaise lounge
Phase 3 - to make new cushion covers for our rotan sofa, to match to chaise longer's grey tone.
You know I can't just sit around when I have a step 1, 2, 3 plan, so I immediately started Phase 1 on Sunday!
My mum, Anne and I picked this navy blue elastic fabric from Nagoya textile shop in Carefour for RM2.80 per meter. I simply calculated and bought 8 meters. Total RM23. After mummy went back to Muar, I started measuring, cutting the fabric and sewing at 5.30pm!! It took me at least 30 minutes to figure out how to use the sewing machine again, but the feeling was so good when I finally could run the needle through the fabric.. :) I only stop for dinner and worked till 11.30pm.
I continued again on Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night.......
And Thursday was public holiday, I finally finished it!!!
It's not the best but I was worried I would give up half way or screwed it up, I still like the outcome.

:D And no doubt I'm so much faster with the sewing machine by now! :) :)
Can't wait for Phase 2 and Phase 3 ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment