We also met Hanafi, the banquet manager. He gave us a good news. We wanted to reduce 1 more table on Friday but he said it's not possible because it's too last minute. The good news was that he managed to reduce it for us! We could save 1 table's cost. *Praise God*!
When everything was done, it was almost 3pm. I was hungry and no one remember to pack food for me from the chapel. -_- Wee Liem had to buy nasi kandar for us and bring to our bridal suite. *Thank God* for him! :) I couldn't remove my veil on my own as there were too many hair pins on my head, and I was too hungry, so I just remove the fake lashes, changed to a simple white dress and started eating ! :D

All my dad's siblings came. :) All the way from Muar, Kluang, JB and Singapore. We informed all of them that tea ceremony starts at 6.15pm, they all were on time! I totally didn't expect all of my aunties and uncles, all 9 of them to come.... *God, thank you.* We haven't seen some of them for over 10 years. We managed to do a short & brief tea ceremony at our bridal suite itself, with Anne & Evelyn preparing tea. We ran out of tea about twice during the ceremony.. it was quite awkward and shows that we never plan properly but no one was unhappy. :)
This is our stage backdrop at the Grand Ballroom!

The banquet manager is a malay guy, his name is Hanafi. I passed him one of our wedding invitation cards and said that we wish that the "cartoon" can be our stage backdrop. He said "I can try my best, but no promise". He didn't just deliver the cartoon, he even put up the bible verse without us asking for it!! *God is really doing his thing!* Excluding the ones who last minute didn't turn up, approximately 350 of our guests had the chance of reading God's words again, if they ignored the one printed on the cover of our wedding invitation card. Hehe. :D
Dinner started at about 7.55pm. :) And after 3rd dish we went out to do a bit of change to our outfit and marched in again. :D Joshua just removed his corsage and I changed hair accessories & added the purple bow at my waist. We currently have no shots of our 1st march in, we're waiting patiently for our official photographers to give us the shots. :D So far we only have these photos taken by my cousin brother Jason who so kindly helped us edit and posted on Facebook. :)

It's chinese tradition to do "yum seng" at wedding dinner. We did a really quick one. :) First Joshua has to pop the champagne. When he finally succeeded, I don't know why I forgot to SMILE NICELY !! >.< My expresssion was.... not bride-ly. -_- But check Anne's expression out, it's quite funny. Haha. :P

Immediate family were up on stage with us, my mum was too shy to stand in the middle next to me, she kept running away and kor kor & Anne kept on pushing her to the middle. It was quite funny! :D She wore a beautiful lilac dress which she specially tailored for my wedding. The pearl necklace too!

Towards the end of the dinner, we gave our 1st speech as husband & wife. :) Joshua did most of the talking and I only took over the part to thank my relatives, both dad & mum side.

The day has to end, although I wish I can be a bride forever. :P I told Joshua I want to get married again. :P I really miss dressing up as a bride, putting on the pretty gown and the veil... walking down the aisle with all our friends cheering us on... having about 1000 people telling me I look good and that they like my gown.... Now I just pray that our official photographers has gotten nice shots to help us remember our wedding day. :) I've always wanted a classic shot that captures my bouquet, gown trail and my long veil but I was a pig I forgot to tell our photographers when they were doing a short portrait session with us! >.< God....... I know the day is over... but I choose to believe the important shots, the picture I had in my head was captured in the camera... somewhere.. somehow by someone? :) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment