
Do you have any unwanted handbag?
I have!
A nice white handbag which belonged to my mum. I know she paid quite a bit for this bag but only used once or twice. I tried to use it, used once for a dinner and that's it. The problem with this bag is that.. it's not practical, it is too square and open, everything I put in the bag will be exposed.


It's now an organiser of my toileteries at my new home! :D Save space and trouble. I now don't have bottles falling all over the place and I even have this small pocket for my dental floss! :P

Do you have any unwanted table study lamps?
I have one and Joshua has one!
We decided we need bed side lamps but those lamps in Ikea are certainly not cheap.
Joshua had a table lamp he purchased from Ikea years ago. And I had one which my brother used in Muar during his secondary school days. Since 2006 I brought it to SS15 to use when I study for my CPA exams. It's abandoned since 2009 after I finished my CPA papers.
Now...

We can do bed time reading at our own time and without the need to buy new lamps! :D
Do you have any unwanted coffee table?
I have one!

This small coffee table is full of history. It was part of the living room set of my grandparents back in the early 90s! The sofa set was somehow disposed off but the coffee table remained in the house. I took it to our new home and used it as my bed side table. :) It's a little low but I could place my books on it and that kept my handphone at a very reacheable level. :D
Do you have any unwanted dining chairs?
I have two!

Historical chairs too! It was part of our dining table set in Muar. I grew up dining sitting on this chair. :) They were durable because they were made of rotan. There were 6 of them but 4 broke, the part where we sit on was made of straw, so after long time use they broke. We got rid of the 4 broken ones in early 2006 and left with 2. When I was picking out furnitures I want from Muar, mum asked me whether I could do anything with these 2 chairs (they were quite useless in Muar since we have 6 new dining chairs), without doubt I said SURE!
I don't know what to call them now, but not only did they add a very vintage feel to our living room, they're also at such convenient location that I can place my handbags on it once I enter the house, Joshua could sit there while waiting for me to get ready.. or while he wears his shoes. :)
What used to be "TRASH" have now became "TREASURE" in our new home!
No comments:
Post a Comment