Thursday, July 12, 2012

71 renovation progress week 11

Week 11. 2nd to 8th July.

Monday, Ah Hoong and crew continued painting and fixed the bathroom wares in. They already did the base coat for living room, storeroom, kitchen and backroom. Efficient! :)


 As promised, they painted the 2 small bedrooms with the 2 colours - skylight and moonlight. :( The colours were not what we like!

This is the room with moonlight paint. Looks lavenderish.
This is the room with skylight paint. Looks yellowish.



We still prefer the rooms in the base coat white paint.. :( :( And the worse is we're left with an unopen 5L skylight paint and 5L moonlight more than half full.

Anyway, they have fixed the bidet, toilet paper holder and sink in all the bathrooms. :)



Tuesday, Ah Hoong and crew would be off till Friday. Electrician came in to fix the wall plugs. We met them in the evening and agreed that they will fix the lights on Saturday when I'm around, so that will cut down the communication breakdowns. Lets face this, the electricians have been the one who did the MOST mistakes. -_-

Wednesday, I called the paint shop owner Ms Seow to explain that I want my paint colour same as the base coat white, she said that means I should be taking the paint that's without any colour added. Usually their customer will pick a colour and then the clear white paint will be placed in the machine where the extra colour will be added in and then this paint will be put in another machine for shaking so that the colour are evenly spread up or mixed up. :) Well, ours is easy easy, just that plain white paint will do. But just in case... Ms Seow has suggested that I take one paint back to test first, if it is not correct I can return. I planned to go to her shop at 7pm to get that paint, but I had to work late due to some technical issues at work...... disappointed.... :(

Thursday, lunch time I drove the paint shop in SS14 to get that white paint. Then the hardware is at the same row, I managed to buy the wall tap and the extra wall covers which was out of stock last weekend. In between I rushed to the nearby petrol station to withdraw cash. :) Then I drove to SS15, bought Mcd meal at drivethru and stopped by at 71. When I arrived at 71, I was shocked to see the grill door widely opened.. I know Ah Hoong is not working, and electricians will not be in.. so who is in? I walked in, saw some metal racks on the floor, thinking it must be for painting outdoor, maybe Ah Hoong came to drop off these and forgot to lock the door? I walked to the back, the kitchen back door is also open? That's so dangerous, so I just locked the back door. Went back to living room, I opened the white paint, took a random brush and just tested the new white colour on one of the walls, the colour looks like what we want and that's it. I just needed to know I bought the right paint. :) I asked Joshua to call Ah Hoong to inform that the door is unlocked but he said his worker is in the house. I didn't see anyone? So I left... leaving the front grill door unlocked but closed. When I left, I saw Ah Hoong's lorry.... then Joshua's call came 10 minutes later... he said Ah Hoong's workers was at the roof top when I locked the kitchen back door. They were locked outside.. ooops.. sorry! :P

Friday, lunch time, again I rushed like a mad woman. First went back to 71 to pass to Ah Hoong the taps I bought so that he can fix it up for us.

Look! This is the platform they built in order to paint our highhh ceiling upstairs and along the stairs!
 Our plain white paint on the wall.. against the old yellow paint, hehehe.. I love the white!! :D
This is the wall you see as you walk down the stairs. :) They climbed up the long ladder to paint.


They also painted base coat at the exterior. I loveeeee the column in the base coat white..

Don't you adore the house in pure white? :) I loveeee it.. too bad we can't paint it white.. it's not going to last long in this colour.. thank God I have this picture to remember how it looks in this pure white "dress" hahahaha..


Anyway, I rushed to the paint shop in SS14 straight away.

Thank God I spoke to Ms Seow on her mobile and she allowed us to return the skylight paint that's not opened! :D I really dislike that colour haha.. Moonlight is still acceptable. :) Anyway I bought all the paint we need for masterbedroom, living room and kitchen, gloss finish for wood & metal. And outdoor paint! 

I actually selected Quarry Peble for our house colour, a light grey... but the shop owner recommended me to buy that giant 20L paint that's cheaper but I can't choose the colour. It is Maldivian Cloud.. which is really baby grey, close to light blue... it is RM100 cheaper, why not. :) Hope it come out nice!!

Saturday, Joshua is still in Malacca for company team building. I'm on the house mission alone. Ah Hoong called me at 9.30am asking whether I'm on my way, he needed the paint to start painting the exterior... they started painting once I brought the paint there. :) Started with the back.

This is how the back of the house look. Upstairs smallest bedroom and the drum room downstairs. We're planning to bring the grills of the drum room indoor so that it's harder for thieves to break in!

This is Ah Chew. He's expert in flooring. We also call him the Air Asia guy because he's always wearing that faded Air Asia cap. Not just that, he always leave that cap in the house too.

When I arrived, I saw him knocking 2 tiles in the back toilet. Ah Hoong noticed a small cut on it last Saturday when Joshua and I are around. We suspected that the window guy was not careful when they instal the toilet window..... but we didn't expect Ah Hoong to replace them!! It's very difficult to replace, have to be extraaaa careful when cutting the edge of the tiles, slowly knocking them out. And then put in the new one... I wish I have a WIP picture of it.. cos I can only show the finished product.. perfect. Awesome work.

Electricians are in too. Ah Loong and one of his stupid incapable worker. Ah Loong focused one whole day on this main electric box while his worker arranged the lightings.
 He started off with the downlights upstairs. We discussed a lot.. Ah Loong joined in too. Discussed about where to place those lights. The toughest would be the small bedrooms. The plaster ceiling was only half and we only wanted 2 downlights. The fan was placed in the middle and it made it impossible to have the downlights on a straight line with fan in the middle. Too narrow, and if downlight is right above the fan blades, there will be a lot of shadows in the room with the fan on. It's going to be annoying so we try to find a solution. Finally decided to put them diagonally at the opposite corners of the room. It's not the bestt..... but it's the best in our condition. :) Thank God for that idea.

These are the holes they cut for masterbedroom. We have 6 downlights here. Also spent much time deciding the positions!! It's so much harder than what I could imagine man...
 See the pencil marked circle on the top right corner? That's the initial place they wanted to place the light in. It's sooooo close to the corner of the room! I was thinking, why are we lighting up CORNERS of the room instead of the the CENTRE of the room? It's funny.. I made them move the lights in by about 1 feet. I hope I made the right choice!

Ah Hoong made me go buy more paint. Spray paint for ugly ceiling, one additional satin glo white. Here's the front. They are really fast. :) About 5 guys painting? Listening to songs from their phone while painting, I think this is relaxing job for them.
 Air Asia guy has moved from back to front. Hehe. :D He's quite good with details I noticed.
Well afternoon I went to church for leaders training, and upon my return, here's what I see.
Our house in the Maldivian Cloud colour... honestly I wish it'll come out more grey...... but this colour is not bad too la. Well it is almost exactly same colour of our USJ house (I picked the colour too).. so it's not really something new to us. Haha. Thus less excitement.
 Grey column. :) Half way through training, Ah Hoong called and said paint not enough. I had to call Ms Seow to deliver a 5L paint for them. Heheh Ms Seow is best. I haven't paid her yet.. will do so this saturday. :P
 Noticed the green pipe? It's the pipe channelling water from roof to drain. Our cousin talked Ah Hoong into replacing brand new one for us for free. :D It was leaking. Now the new one is also painted with protective coat. The coat is in green colour. Ah Hoong said if we're ok with it, we don't have to buy another paint for it. Are you kidding me? I love this green !!!
 I love it with the baby grey/blue! Hehehehehehehe...
 Here's our grill door in another shade of grey. :) I wanted it grey because we have planned to paint the exterior grey.
 Front big windows. You can see the contrasting colour on both sides. Outside - baby grey. Inside - white white white.

This is the downlight with cover in master bedroom only above our bed. Why I say the electrician was incapable? Because not only his attitude was unfriendly and rude, he told me he made a mistake when connecting those lights, he missed out a safety thing which he had to remove everything again to fix that in. He warned me not to switch on the light if not all the bulbs will explode. -_-


Joshua came back at about 7pm. We went straight to Top Ten at Puchong to buy fans. Bought total 5 fans. Wanted to buy those with remote control but price is more than double of the normal fan! @.@ Needless to say, we decided to be more hardworking with the traditional fans. Just as we're walking out of Top Ten, the lady boss asked me whether I want to buy shower.. I said I already bought.. she said she sell too! and asked me how much I paid... RM778. She said "I'm only selling for RM650"

WHAT???????? We had a long discussion on the RM778 price set by the Alpha brand, and she disagree with it so just sell at RM650. Many distributors complained about her and she is no longer authorised distributor for it. She have only 3 more units left and that's it. I reaaly want to cryyyy..... because I bought TWO units!! Argghhh... aunty said it's ok... I didn't overpay. Only she sell at an exceptionally low price. I love her... but I hate myself for not buying from her. Her shop is small and has mannyyy things, I didn't know she sell what I wanted. :(

Anyway last item is we went to Tesco Puchong to buy washing agents. We plan to clean up 71. Ah Hoong asked us to wash the kitchen walls clean so he can help to fill whatever holes. Also we can clean up the bathrooms. :)

Sunday, after church, we went to 71. Joshua parked in front of 71 and we went to Floor Depot in  my car. We spent an hour plus there until 4.30pm to choose our floor boards, profiling and skirting. Upon return, we noticed the 2 plywood placed in front as our temporary "gate" has fell on Johnny !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And left quite a bit of scratches !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thank God the old nails on the plywood didn't touch the car but still they scratched Joshua's heart big time!! We suspected strong wind but we're still doubting..... So we went in to 71 to start the clean up. We swept, it's never ending.... then scraped all the extra paint or filler off the floor and walls. Then I focused on kitchen walls, scrubbed them piece by piece, and Joshua cleaned the bathroom walls. We only stopped at 7.15am when it's getting very dark. Then Joshua noticed, one of the plywood in front was MISSING!!!! we thought maybe it droppped on the floor, but no.. it's really missing. Someone STOLE it!!!! Who on earth is so desperate to want to steal an OLD plywood?????????? :( :( :(

We used blue canvas to cover the front of our house to avoid curious people..... and started analysing the situation. WHen the plywood fell on Johnny, we are quite sure it was the first stealing attempt. They must've dropped the plywood on the car and freaked out thinking the owner is in and might come out!! Then when we returned and saw the damage done to Johnny, we parked Johnny elsewhere and went in to clean up. They must've thought owner has left and so they happily took the plywood away during broad day light!!!! I hateeeeee thieves!!! Although is just an old plywood, but still!!!!!!!! Scratched our lovely new Forte and created inconvenience to us!!

They made us thinking 101 ways to enhance security in front and back of the house, option of having a big loud fierce dog.... Poor Joshua had to send Johnny for polishing that night itself! RM70 and 2 hours spent waiting.. the scratches are still 20% visible.... :(

Please pray for us.. we know yes our loses could've been bigger, but we're worried about the safety in this neighbourhood... may God be our protector!

No comments: