Tuesday, July 31, 2012

71 renovation progress week 14

Week 14. 23rd to 29th July 2012.

Monday, electrician came to fix shower heaters.

This is the one at shared bathroom. We changed to the big shower head so that it gives more rain shower feeling. at least I hope it will.. :)

At both the small bedrooms electrician also added an extra downlight.

Masterbedroom, they reduced from 3 switches to 2 in order to give 2 feet space for wardrobe.
The overpriced alpha shower in masterbathroom.
Anne showing me the part where electrician pointed that the rubber was coming off. :( Need to go back to claim warranty! Argh!

Living room. They added the power point near the extension area.

Tuesday, we did not go to 71.

Wednesday, tried to arrange for Ah Kwang our grill supplier to come instal the last grill. We hope to arrange for Ah Hoong to come to instal pump on same day as he has a set of our key. Both agreed to come on Thursday morning.

Thursday, at 9.30am Ah Kwang called Joshua to say that he is in front of 71 and there was no one there to open the door for him. Ah Hoong was at USJ2 but he forgot to bring keys..... So I have to rush back to open the door during lunch, Ah Hoong came, we thought he was going to instal the water pump but he said he will do it next round. Ah Kwang had already went on to run another project and could not come to instal the grills. -_- Rescheduled to Friday.

Friday, Joshua waited for Ah Kwang in front of 71 until almost 10am! He was late for work but we had no choice. :( Finally he came, Joshua let him keep the keys and he will drop off at 73 once he's done. On his way to work, Joshua called Ah Hoong to give him a little update, here's what happened. Ah Kwang came to measure this window twice to ensure that the measurement was right. He said the window guy didn't leave enough space to instal grill indoor, but the outside has plenty of space..We were puzzled, why did the window guy gave us such work quality and Ah Hoong didn't complain to us when he touch up on the walls around the window? On Thursday I asked him, he said for sliding windows, grills has to be installed outside because it is easily removed !  We didn't know that! Ah Kwang didn't advise us as well. -_- Joshua asked Ah Kwang on Friday morning and he said can be installed on outside, so they knocked it straight away. They had to knock because the grill was not measure made to fit the outside hole.. its dimension is slightly unmatching but could still force in. When Joshua called to update Ah Hoong, he said to ensure the grills is not permanently set to the concrete because that would make replacement of the sliding window impossible in the future! Joshua got a shock and quickly gave Ah Kwang a call and phew to know it was screws to the concrete, so we can remove the grill when we need to replace the sliding window. I'm just thinking if it is so tightly fit into the hole... there might be some problem removing it.. but we shall worry about that in say 5 to 10 years time.. depending on the sliding window's quality! :)  

I manage to snap picture of the grills he installed the next morning. Note the white upper right corner? The concrete cracked when they tried knocking the grill in! :( I feel extra ouch to see cracked walls, cut walls and drilled walls.. ..



Saturday, carpenter came at 2pm to install wardrobe. I need to warn you... you're about to see some veryyyyyyyyyyyy uglyyyyyyy stuffs.

First, look at the ugly man on the right. That's the recommended carpenter's cousin who is in charge of our wardrobe. I HATE him!!! Sorry to have to use this word but I really do. He took in this wardrobe, I noticed he put our wire basket on the wrong column!!! We gave him a drawing plan!!! He switched it over to another side and left 4 big and 4 small holes. Grrrrr!! And see the 2 drawers at the bottom? I asked him to make me a drawer like Ikea's and he made this type of stupid ugly drawers.. unbelievable!! I was angry but I was alone. Joshua was away entertaining his parents so I kept it down. Who knows they might beat me up right...
 They complained that our floor was not flat, they knocked in 2 pieces of small wood under the wardrobe to even it out, then use lots of silicon to seal up the gap between wardrobe and wall. I strongly believe there's a better way to do this!
 The doors were the ugliest thing!!! I was mad at them.. very mad.. the way they measured the space to put door handles were wrong too! While the malay guy was adjusting the door height to ensure all balance up. That fat guy were making pencil marks measuring from FLOOR to the handle location. Hey!! That door is not in the right position yet, why are you marking it now?? I pointed out to him and all he said was "don't worry it will sure balance up and will look great". That's literally 放屁!
 I complained to the boss Madam Yeak and she came when the wardrobe was half done, she said no problem no problem, all these would be taken care of. Once it is done it will look great. Really???  Also we were quoted RM3950 for a 9 feet long wardrobe but this is only 8 feet plus, I asked for a revised quotation and she refused by saying RM3950 is already very very cheapp... ok.. I shall not say further, I will wait to see the final product.

I watched them assemble the wardrobe from 2pm to 6.30pm and below are some of the ugliest details you can find on this wardrobe. Get ready for some closed up ugly pictures... these really pissed us off!!!

Chipped off corner on the door, first they didn't apply enough glue and their cutter was not sharp enough leaving rough edges, then when they assemble they knock here and there and that corner fell off. They glued it back and apply the filler Ah Hoong left in 71. They didn't even bring their own materials for touching up!
 Another chipped off corner on one of the doors. Yes there were TWO chipped off corner doors.
 This is the "beautiful" finishing on the inside of the wardrobe door.
 Another "beautiful" birth mark on the inside of the wardrobe door.
 Why did I call the above 2 pictures "beautiful"? Because here comes the ugliest of the ugliest!! Can you imagine this is the FINISHING of the door??
 This is the top part. Oh my GOD!!! He called this finish product and when I pointed out on the chipped off laminate and rough finishing, he used OUR sandpaper to sand this area and then apply the filler again. Lousy work!!
 This is the top cabinet door. Nothing can be uglier than these....
 This is another chipped off area of one of the doors. Man.. I really hate his work.
 Now, look at these 2 beasts. The drawers. Drawer No. 1. SO UGLY !!!!!!!!!
 Drawer No. 2 ARGGGHhhh such a depressing thing to look at!!! He expects us to accept this kind of quality???? We paid RM2000 50% deposit!!! I don't even think this whole thing is worth RM2000 !!
They left and said anything please speak to their boss. I really was scolding bad words in my head when they left. Joshua came to look at the wardrobe and was as pissed off as me. We had to rush off to attend a friend's wedding. I didn't have time to bath eventhough I was covered with sweat and anger all over... We reported to our cousin while I was getting ready and agreed that we will complain to Madam Yeak again that this is not acceptable. So we will call on Sunday.. but the whole night I was thinking about this ugly thing.. and already hoping that they will refund us the RM2000 and remove the whole thing.. throw it out!!

Sunday, I called Madam Yeak after Mandarin service, I said in the most professional way I can.. she heard me and said they will do the necessary touch ups. I said I really don't see how these can be touch up?? She said she will call her cousin that fat guy and get back to me on Monday. I asked if she could meet up at 71 to look at the wardrobe with her own eyes, she said she doesn't work on Sunday. Fine!! I will wait then!!! The whole day all I could think of is this ugly thing.... ugly thing.. ugly thing...

After lunch, I went to Taman Desa, my friend Daisy's house to pick up a sofa that they want to get rid of. I got a friend Jeffrey's help to transport this sofa back to 71 with his car. Oh I forgot what car is it.. the one where you can transport large items at the back, you know what I mean. :P

The guy in pink is Jeffrey. ;) The guy wearing cap is Aaron, Daisy's brother.
 Oh and that brown thing is the sofa, or some call it couch.
 It is about 2 years old. Its condition definitely shows its age. The faux leather has cracked in most areas and some already broken and peeled.
 Nevertheless, it is a very comfortable couch and hey it is free! :)
 Joshua came to 71 right after he came back from Nilai service. He and Jeffrey helped to move this sofa into 71. The 1st piece of furniture in this house. :)
 After Jeff left, we did some cleaning up. Washed the upstairs toilets again. Still dusty.... Swept, vaccumed the floor at living room. And then we took out all cardboards we have and scotch taped them to the floor, to create a walk way from entrance to staircase.
 We are now very protective of the floor because I discovered some stained grout lines... :( that cannot be cleaned. Anyway they are not obvious, but we want to minimise any more of such accidents. Floor Depot are sending floor installers in on Monday to work on our staircase. :)

Yes, no gate yet this week. :( I was so stressed out!!!! Our cousin said it is NOT YET BACK from galvanisinggggggg... oh God.... when is it coming back then?? :(

No comments: