Sunday, July 29, 2012

Our 1st Anniversary

愛 是 恆 久 忍 耐 、 又 有 恩 慈 . 愛 是 不 嫉 妒 . 愛 是 不 自 誇 . 不 張 狂

不 作 害 羞 的 事 . 不 求 自 己 的 益 處 . 不 輕 易 發 怒 . 不 計 算 人 的 惡

不 喜 歡 不 義 . 只 喜 歡 真 理

凡 事 包 容 . 凡 事 相 信 . 凡 事 盼 望 . 凡 事 忍 耐 。

愛 是 永 不 止 息



9th July 2012 was our 1st anniversary, it was a Monday. I wasn't expecting a huge celebration like a posh dinner or an expensive present or a bouquet of flowers. Joshua knows too. :)  He has to attend a meeting with Stories.my and we both know it.

Since he is not home early, I took my time in office and only reach home at 8pm, and he was still not home yet... I felt it. Why didn't he do anything, not even try to be home early??  So I sms him, I called, I used all of my sarcastic ways to ask "why didn't you plan anything?"  He said "I bought something for us just now!"  I got worried.."What did you buy? What if I don't like? How much did you spend?" He said "Less than RM20 la.. "  Still reluctant to tell me what he bought. Oh well...

  
I went to sleep after eating maggi mee. Then at about 10.30pm I heard the gate opening, I knew it was him but I didn't wake up to welcome him. I was a bit unhappy still. Then I heard him entering through the wooden door, then the sound of the gas stove in the kitchen.... steps after steps on our parquet staircase.. I stood up and turned.. I saw him holding a small box and then a little candle sticking out. He bought cakes. -_- I hate cakes! He walked in to let me blow candle but it was put off by the fan. So he made me go downstairs. I asked "Why did you buy cake? I don't like cakes! If you are going to buy cake, buy me jelly cake!" He did not plan at all.. and that's why he grabbed whatever he could find on his way to the meeting. -_- Not sincere at all! He said "Sorry".



He light the candle again and on the dining table, he sang birthday song to us and made me blow the candle with him. -_- I asked why did we have to sing happy birthday, he say is OUR birthday. 奶奶的,好无聊...



We put the cakes into fridge and called it a day. We took the cake to work next morning as breakfast. I took the green tea flavour cake, it was SO SWEET I couldn't finish it. Blekk.. I took home and asked him to bring to work the next day, he left it at the table.. and when we came home, there were ants all over it. That's the ending of our anniversary cake.... not too glorious.
On 15th July, after we clean up 71, Joshua took me to Publika, to eat yam rice. That's our anniversary dinner. He talked about this legendary yam rice.. which to me.. it's just so so. We then ended up at the Ace Hardware buying light bulbs for 71.
It's not a romantic celebration, it's not something that will sweep me off my feet.. but I thank God for my husband. :) Everytime we sit down together, we have endless topic to talk about. Sometimes the conversation will take a twist where I started scolding him, but he never raises his voice at me. 

A man who dares to admit that he's wrong and needs improvement.
A man who keeps quiet when his wife is being unreasonable and out of control... :)


A man who has endless ideas to be funny yet not lame. A man who finds me funny and laugh really hard at my jokes, sometimes until he tears. When I make a joke, most times I will not laugh, but when the contagious laugh comes, I ended up laughing too.
 


A man who has lots of love to offer. :) I'm so blessed to be the one receiving those love. :)


No one is perfect, but despite his long list of weaknesses (I too have a long list)... I know I married the right man and I'm very proud of him! :) I thank God that even though sometimes I go to sleep feeling angry with him, or dissatisfied with him... I never fail to wake up with a new love for him. Despite the things he didn't do enough or didn't do well enough, I find myself loving him all over again. I hope this love will not fade. :)

I am not in the picture below, but I love this picture a lot. I was laughing behind the camera, in my heart "look at how funny my husband is!" He's the one on the far left. I'm so proud of him... for being him. :)


This is just the beginning..... Cheers! Cheers to more laughters, joy and blessings in our coming years of marriage!~

No comments: