16 to 22nd July.
Monday, Floor Depot came to instal our laminated wood flooring. My boss was so understanding, she allowed me to go back to open the door for floor installers at 11am and back in office 1.45pm. All I need to do is just work later, which I always do. :)
I swept the room twice and still there're so much cement dust?
They did some minor hacking to ensure the floor is even.
That is the special waterproof termite proof floor boards we selected for the area outside of the shared bathroom.
That giant role is the foam that they lay as the foundation on the floor before installing the floor boards.
They started with the small rooms.
Note that they have L angle ruler to measure where to cut the boards.
The part under door is a bit tricky, they need to measure properly so the profiling will end up directly under the door i.e. with door closed you won't see the profiling.
Our door was just nice, no need trimminy, hallelujah!
Can see a big piece of floor completed....
Masterbedroom. It was still empty when I leave.
They do the wood cutting outside. I forbid them to cut inside because can u imagine how dirty it will get??
I left at about 1.30pm...
At night, after work, it was late. Almost 11pm but we still went to 71... we want to look at the flooring!! :D
We loveeeeee it!!!
This is the waterproof floor board. That's the closest colour we can find in the store. :)
Masterbedroom!
We noticed uneven surfaces.... and inconsistency in the white skirting shades..
And ugly skirting finishing.. need to highlight to the Floor Depot sales girl Joanne.
The family hall is small, but with the flooring, I feel like just sitting there sipping coffee and read a book. Haha.
The staircase will only be done on 30th July. So for now, we need to complain about the skirting and uneven surfaces....
Tuesday, after work, we went to 71, Joshua removed the bulb from the drum room, it was warm white and a little too yellow for our liking. We went to Top Ten, changed that to white bulb, bought the 3 bulbs the electricians claimed missing, bought another 2 downlights for the 2 small bedrooms and a short tube for masterbedroom fan (the ceiling was shockingly low).
Wednesday, after work, we went to 71 to instal the light bulbs for the beehive and octopus lights at living room. :) Couldn't wait to see how they look when both are at full capacity and finally we're satisfied with the lighting in our living room! :D
Thursday, I attended training at Midvalley and was released by 4.50pm. I went back to 73, then went to Ikea together with Anne. My one main objective was to settle our curtains! Spent hours there until Ikea start to close shop. Studied on the different curtain finials.... bought roller blinds for certain areas in the house. Picked out the curtain fabric that I like with Anne's help and suggestions... Bought curtain rods and finials and the rings....
This is what we selected for the biggest window in the house, the one at the extension area. :) :) It's RM35 per meter, so expensive :S that's why I decided to only use it for one window. It is called Berta Ruta.
Here's a Lenda white fabric. Although it is white, we tried hiding behind it and safe to say other than some lights, we can see other movement at the other side. Only challenge left is to keep it pure white in the coming years.. must be hardworking in washing it!
Friday, went back to Ikea again after training, I was alone for 3 hours before Joshua came. Main objective to buy the black colour L bracket which was out of stock on Thursday. Spent long hours again looking for curtain solutions. We want to use the old rods taken from Muar which are in wood colour. Problem is the finials were broken and we're trying to look for replacement. However the rods are very different compared to Ikea's so we are not able to find anything suitable for it, including connectors. :S I had an idea to DIY on the curtain finials and connector.. just need to try out.
Anyway I bought some picture frames for the feature wall. Trying to enjoy the sales.. hehe.
At the check out counter only we realised in Ikea, everyday is no plastic day. We bought quite some small items so we kind of need a trolley... Joshua went on trolley search and within 2 minutes he found one!
It's a tiny trolley! The one for kids! Hahahaah..
My husband has such sense of humor and awesomely secure pushing this trolley through the crowd to arrive at the car park. :)
See the green plant in the trolley? It's RM12.90 and is not real. Joshua wants to put that on his office table. :) To sooth his eye sight after long staring at laptop.
Saturday, after attending a wedding ceremony, we went to Han Lim trying to buy towel hook but the one we wanted to buy was out of stock. I then went to the paint shop in ss14 to pay off the 5L paint that she delivered 2 weeks ago. :P Felt bad for taking so long to make payment..... then I met Floor Depot sales girl Joanne at 2.30pm to discuss about the inconsistent skirting colours... in which she took some photos and promised to provide us with a solution on Tuesday. They most probably have to come in and replace the skirting with a better product.
Ah Kwang came to take final measurement of the last window. He pointed out that the window was installed in a wrong position, leaving too much space at the exterior and too little space in the interior. :( We were not around when Ah Leong installed the windows and worse thing, we were not expert to know whether it was installed properly or not. :( :(
I also showed Anne the house and pointed out 13 items that the electrician need to look into when they come on Monday. Anne was appointed to be the supervisor of the day so I went through everything with her. :) Thank God for her! She also helped me measure our windows and decided on the size of our curtains. And not to forget measuring the space at our masterbedroom ensuring there's sufficient space for us to fit in the RAST bedside table. We think it will be just nice. :)
At 5pm, Joshua bought water pump in PJ. Hitachi 2 bars. Pray that this thing can solve the water pressure issue in 71!! Please!! :)
At 4pm, while waiting for Joshua to come back with the water pump, I did some dismantling of the old curtain rods, made some marks where it should be cut shorter to suit the window space in 71.. When Joshua came back, we rushed to the hardware shop in SS14, hoping the uncle can help us to cut... only to found out it was already closed.... :(
Sunday, after church, Anne and I went to 2 more shops to look for towel hooks but again, out of stock.... Joshua bought a saw and pipe connectors from Ace Hardware. Saw was to cut the aluminium curtain rods! :) Master Chiam said he can do it himself. ;)
Pipe was to connect both aluminium rods together!
It was my naive idea.. hoping it will work but both sizes were not suitable, too big and too small. Joshua tried sandpaper to make the pipe hole bigger to fit the rod but doesn't work.. it's too difficult. So we decided to look for other solutions.
We swept and vaccum upstairs.
Then pulled out nails along the stairs after I swept it throughly.
Went back home to bath at 6.30pm and rushed to Houz Depot. Managed to find our towel hooks!!! Hallelujah! And bought a curtain rod connector, which appears to be too small, but we'll try to use it with scotch tape, hope it will work! :)
Next destination was Ikea. It was the last day of sales! We were rushing because we want to put in our order for the curtains as they're having 15% discount on sewing service! We also took this opportunity to return the roller blinds and finial that we felt were not suitable.. as I changed some curtain plans and decided to buy the finial that's RM3 cheaper for a set. Hehe.
Here's me buying the curtain fabric. :)
With my measurement, they calculated how much fabric I will need for the 3 windows.
Then cut them up and fold nicely and place in a plastic bag.
Bought 10 meters of Berta Ruta and 10 meters of Lenda White.
We finally went to SS15 to drop off the curtain stuffs we bought, have dinner at the nameless mamak and went home to rest......... another LONG day......
This is picture of fence was sent by our cousin, it's ugly, looks like cage.. totally different from what I described.. but I don't care anymore.. I just want those gate & fences up ASAP...
Gate is supposed to come this coming Friday... pray that there won't be any delay.... God pleaseee.......
Monday, Floor Depot came to instal our laminated wood flooring. My boss was so understanding, she allowed me to go back to open the door for floor installers at 11am and back in office 1.45pm. All I need to do is just work later, which I always do. :)
I swept the room twice and still there're so much cement dust?
They did some minor hacking to ensure the floor is even.
That is the special waterproof termite proof floor boards we selected for the area outside of the shared bathroom.
That giant role is the foam that they lay as the foundation on the floor before installing the floor boards.
They started with the small rooms.
Note that they have L angle ruler to measure where to cut the boards.
The part under door is a bit tricky, they need to measure properly so the profiling will end up directly under the door i.e. with door closed you won't see the profiling.
Our door was just nice, no need trimminy, hallelujah!
Can see a big piece of floor completed....
Masterbedroom. It was still empty when I leave.
They do the wood cutting outside. I forbid them to cut inside because can u imagine how dirty it will get??
I left at about 1.30pm...
At night, after work, it was late. Almost 11pm but we still went to 71... we want to look at the flooring!! :D
We loveeeeee it!!!
This is the waterproof floor board. That's the closest colour we can find in the store. :)
We noticed uneven surfaces.... and inconsistency in the white skirting shades..
And ugly skirting finishing.. need to highlight to the Floor Depot sales girl Joanne.
The family hall is small, but with the flooring, I feel like just sitting there sipping coffee and read a book. Haha.
The staircase will only be done on 30th July. So for now, we need to complain about the skirting and uneven surfaces....
Tuesday, after work, we went to 71, Joshua removed the bulb from the drum room, it was warm white and a little too yellow for our liking. We went to Top Ten, changed that to white bulb, bought the 3 bulbs the electricians claimed missing, bought another 2 downlights for the 2 small bedrooms and a short tube for masterbedroom fan (the ceiling was shockingly low).
Wednesday, after work, we went to 71 to instal the light bulbs for the beehive and octopus lights at living room. :) Couldn't wait to see how they look when both are at full capacity and finally we're satisfied with the lighting in our living room! :D
Thursday, I attended training at Midvalley and was released by 4.50pm. I went back to 73, then went to Ikea together with Anne. My one main objective was to settle our curtains! Spent hours there until Ikea start to close shop. Studied on the different curtain finials.... bought roller blinds for certain areas in the house. Picked out the curtain fabric that I like with Anne's help and suggestions... Bought curtain rods and finials and the rings....
This is what we selected for the biggest window in the house, the one at the extension area. :) :) It's RM35 per meter, so expensive :S that's why I decided to only use it for one window. It is called Berta Ruta.
Here's a Lenda white fabric. Although it is white, we tried hiding behind it and safe to say other than some lights, we can see other movement at the other side. Only challenge left is to keep it pure white in the coming years.. must be hardworking in washing it!
Friday, went back to Ikea again after training, I was alone for 3 hours before Joshua came. Main objective to buy the black colour L bracket which was out of stock on Thursday. Spent long hours again looking for curtain solutions. We want to use the old rods taken from Muar which are in wood colour. Problem is the finials were broken and we're trying to look for replacement. However the rods are very different compared to Ikea's so we are not able to find anything suitable for it, including connectors. :S I had an idea to DIY on the curtain finials and connector.. just need to try out.
Anyway I bought some picture frames for the feature wall. Trying to enjoy the sales.. hehe.
Saw this RAST chest drawer on Ikea 2012 magazine but it was not listed on Ikea Malaysia website, I thought they don't sell in Malaysia but I saw it in the store! :)
Why I am excited about it is because it is only RM109 and from the measurements listed on the magazine, it is same height as the bedside table that I wanted to buy, which will cost RM199. Not just almost double the price, it only come with 1 tiny drawer, this one comes with 3! and it is wider. Wider.. could be an issue because we have one power point on each side of the bed and if this chest drawer is too wide, one of the power point might end up behind our bed? So we decided to go back and do a proper measuring before putting RAST into our buying list. :)At the check out counter only we realised in Ikea, everyday is no plastic day. We bought quite some small items so we kind of need a trolley... Joshua went on trolley search and within 2 minutes he found one!
It's a tiny trolley! The one for kids! Hahahaah..
My husband has such sense of humor and awesomely secure pushing this trolley through the crowd to arrive at the car park. :)
See the green plant in the trolley? It's RM12.90 and is not real. Joshua wants to put that on his office table. :) To sooth his eye sight after long staring at laptop.
Saturday, after attending a wedding ceremony, we went to Han Lim trying to buy towel hook but the one we wanted to buy was out of stock. I then went to the paint shop in ss14 to pay off the 5L paint that she delivered 2 weeks ago. :P Felt bad for taking so long to make payment..... then I met Floor Depot sales girl Joanne at 2.30pm to discuss about the inconsistent skirting colours... in which she took some photos and promised to provide us with a solution on Tuesday. They most probably have to come in and replace the skirting with a better product.
Ah Kwang came to take final measurement of the last window. He pointed out that the window was installed in a wrong position, leaving too much space at the exterior and too little space in the interior. :( We were not around when Ah Leong installed the windows and worse thing, we were not expert to know whether it was installed properly or not. :( :(
At 5pm, Joshua bought water pump in PJ. Hitachi 2 bars. Pray that this thing can solve the water pressure issue in 71!! Please!! :)
At 4pm, while waiting for Joshua to come back with the water pump, I did some dismantling of the old curtain rods, made some marks where it should be cut shorter to suit the window space in 71.. When Joshua came back, we rushed to the hardware shop in SS14, hoping the uncle can help us to cut... only to found out it was already closed.... :(
Sunday, after church, Anne and I went to 2 more shops to look for towel hooks but again, out of stock.... Joshua bought a saw and pipe connectors from Ace Hardware. Saw was to cut the aluminium curtain rods! :) Master Chiam said he can do it himself. ;)
Pipe was to connect both aluminium rods together!
It was my naive idea.. hoping it will work but both sizes were not suitable, too big and too small. Joshua tried sandpaper to make the pipe hole bigger to fit the rod but doesn't work.. it's too difficult. So we decided to look for other solutions.
Discovered a funny thing.. there're 2 bread knives in my grandfather's tool box! haha.. random..
We swept and vaccum upstairs.
And for the first time, took a 5 minutes nap at our new house. :)
Then pulled out nails along the stairs after I swept it throughly.
Went back home to bath at 6.30pm and rushed to Houz Depot. Managed to find our towel hooks!!! Hallelujah! And bought a curtain rod connector, which appears to be too small, but we'll try to use it with scotch tape, hope it will work! :)
Next destination was Ikea. It was the last day of sales! We were rushing because we want to put in our order for the curtains as they're having 15% discount on sewing service! We also took this opportunity to return the roller blinds and finial that we felt were not suitable.. as I changed some curtain plans and decided to buy the finial that's RM3 cheaper for a set. Hehe.
Here's me buying the curtain fabric. :)
With my measurement, they calculated how much fabric I will need for the 3 windows.
Then cut them up and fold nicely and place in a plastic bag.
Bought 10 meters of Berta Ruta and 10 meters of Lenda White.
We paid and then on the way out we popped by the sewing shop where the tailor confirmed on our curtain measurement and gave us a piece of paper, stating the sewing cost after discount is approx RM76. :)
We finally went to SS15 to drop off the curtain stuffs we bought, have dinner at the nameless mamak and went home to rest......... another LONG day......
This is picture of fence was sent by our cousin, it's ugly, looks like cage.. totally different from what I described.. but I don't care anymore.. I just want those gate & fences up ASAP...
Gate is supposed to come this coming Friday... pray that there won't be any delay.... God pleaseee.......






















No comments:
Post a Comment