Birthday Girl: Puah Shin Wee
Birthday : 15th August
Relationship : ex-uni mate, ex-churchmate, ex-hostelmate
Period known : 2003 to present
Major events taken place : Shin Wee's wedding in 2010 and Joan's wedding in 2011! :D
Here's what I wrote about Shin Wee in my wedding blog. :) :)
************************************************************************************
When was the first time you met Shin Wee?
On my first day at Help College! :) I walked in, and she's the 1st girl I saw, and I asked "Is this where the Diploma Business students gather?" She said "Yes". Of course, we became friends and we clicked so well! We took the same subjects, attended the same lectures and tutorials and even hang out with the same friends all the way until we graduated from uni. :D
Spent the 3 golden uni years together
During the 1.5 year of study in Help, I rented a sharing room, and Shin Wee being Shin Wee, so warm and friendly, often "forced" me to stay over at her house at Taman Megah. At first I was shy, but slowly I feel so at home.... I slowly get to know her whole family, including her maid! We do late night studies together, enjoy food, shopping, movie watching or simply just take naps on lazy sundays! Mid of year 2004, we decided to go to University of Queensland to complete our degree, and together with her elder sister Shin Yee (whom I also love to bits), we went on an exciting journey...and simply had the most fun we could!!
8 years' journey as best friends
After graduating, I knew I was coming back to Malaysia alone, Shin Wee had plans to work in Singapore, because of Jack (her boyfriend then, husband now). And Shin Yee was going to pursue her post graduate studies in Queensland. I was really sad..... but I'm glad that we still meet up as often as we can. Shin Wee's always the best host whenever I go to Singapore. :) And Shin Yee never fail to warm my heart whenever we chat on gtalk. :D Despite the distance, and the oceans that separate us, they're still very close to my heart. :)
Best gift
Shin Wee always buys me presents, and I'm always guilty for not being a "present giver". :P Being good at art craft, her presents are always nicely wrapped, with ribbons, and colourful writings. The best gift I've received from Shin Wee and Shin Yee would be the love of Christ. :) They brought me to church since 2003 and prayed for me. On 5th Nov 2004, when I finally lifted up my hands in church to say "Yes" to Jesus, they were on my right and left, they hugged me and we were all in tears of happiness. :) The next morning, before I could brush my teeth, they came to my room in Grace College, taught me how to pray and how to read bible. They also bought me my 1st bible. :)
Any regrets?
Dec 2010 was Shin Wee and Shin Yee's combined wedding at Holiday Villa. I was their program coordinator and I can't believe I didn't take a picture with them at all?? :( :( I was really sad when I realised I don't have a picture with the 2 beautiful brides. :( :( Regret big time!! >.< I managed to catch Shin Wee again before she returns to Singapore and took this picture. :)
************************************************************************************
Of course, here's Shin Wee at my bridal shower on 18th June 2011 hosted in the grand Puah's residence!! :D
The paper rosseta sticked on the wall are all hand-made by Shin Wee! :D
Then at my wedding on 9th July 2011 !
While I was doing my manicure in shop, here's Mr. & Mrs. Oh decorating our bridal car. Thanks so much to the Oh-s!
Then amid the traffic jam in morning caused by roadblocks, Mr. & Mrs. Oh made it to my house before I go to the chapel! :D
My bridesmaid!
and her family!
And another one before we start our wedding dinner!
Joshua and I have the best support from YOU ! :)
I still think we take very few pictures together? What's wrong with us, we used to just pose for millions of pictures in Brisbane! :P I think we can do betterrrr... hehehe..
Shin Wee, may you have a GREATER year ahead! Procrastinate less, worry less, smile more, eat more. :P Bigger blessings from God, that you may be a bigger blessing to people around you! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D
2 comments:
Wow, thanks babe for the wonderful blog post abt meeee ;) hehe so touch to have a column in ur blog :D ya! A totally agree that we took too lil photo together ! Comparing the tons we took back in Brissy! Seriously .. Lacking in numbers :p bwhahah suddenly I miss those times we study together, where u us to stay over at my place, so fun! And those days we use to brag abt how hard the steak in grace college were! And those days we run to get our share of Caramel tart, pork ribs, pan cakes, scones, er.. Rice porridge dessert? And ice cream topped with chunks of Milo powder :p and self create recipe 'nuttela + biscuit' (forgot the biscuit name) :p so fun!! :p and many many many more :p
Those really were our good old days :p
Miss u my Fren ^-^
Shin Wee I think you just miss the FOOD la...hahahahahah !!! :P :P And you never grow fat. >.<
Post a Comment