Friday, August 26, 2011

Flower hairband !

Lets rewind back to December 2010 in Singapore...

Shin Wee's surprise bridal shower the night before her wedding. :) Shin Yee brought those flowers and I brought those candles. The bride-to-be was very happy. :D

Anyway after the wedding, after everyone left, the flowers were left behind. I looked at them and felt quite wasted to be thrown into the bin, so I put them into my luggage and brought them back to Malaysia. ;)

Last month, I was told that my company is having an annual dinner in October. The theme is "Night of Fantasy". I was hoping to wear my TANGS white dress again, my "something new" for pre-wedding photos. But I need to dress myself up into something that a girl will fantasize? I had an idea to wear flower head wreath. :) It's something cute and distinct. :D I searched online and realised it's quite pricy.. so I decided one day I shall buy the supplies myself and try making one.

Few days back, I read this DIY and thought I could just do this without spending money to buy supplies!

1st, I have the flowers from Shin Wee's bridal shower.
2nd, I know my brother's girlfriend left behind a few hairbands in her room when she moved out. I took the black one and removed the red piece glued on it.
3rd, I have a newly opened super glue that we used to repair a mirror frame at home last week. :D


This is how the flower look like before I glue it on. :) The petals tend to stick together, but I used double sided tape to space each petal out to make it into a bigger bloom.

After at least an hour of trial and error, thank God the super glue worked.
Here's my flower hairband! I glued on 4 flowers. Their sizes are almost similar so there are 4 huge flowers on it. 2 on top and 2 on each side.


Here's how I glued on. It's a bit challenging to find a good position to place the flower, and make it stay before the glue dries up. I had to turn off the fan just so the glue doesn't dry up before I could find a good angle for the flowers.


Done. Let's try wearing! :P
How is it? how is it?


Can it pass as a flower head wreath like this one? :D


Now what should I call myself at the annual dinner? I need to find a name for my outfit.. Joshua suggested "Flower Angel"....?


If you have better names, please share with me! :D

No comments: