Joshua and I drove back to Muar on 27th Aug morning. In the afternoon, we sent my car to the workshop for the windscreen replacement. I mentioned here about the crack on my car's windscreen in June, 2 weeks before my wedding.
Can you spot the huge crack? It was caused by a tiny mosquitoe!
On my way to get dinner, I saw a mosquitoe and was trying to kill it. In an attempt to smack it against the windscreen, not only did it managed to escape, I successfully left that crack on the glass... and of course an awfully shocked me. -_- I wasn't wearing any ring on that hand.. and I don't think I smack that hard...
Thank God for car insurance, I don't have to pay for anything. :)
This is not the 1st time, an insect caused damage to my belongings.
Year 2005, in Brisbane, I was in my room in Grace College. Before I go to bed, I spotted a baby cockroach crawling on my keyboard !! I reached for a water bottle, and continuously try to smack it, I didn't realise I was smacking my laptop! The cockroach escaped. I went to sleep. Next morning, I couldn't switch on my laptop, I heard funny sound coming from the spot where I constantly smack the night before.... and realised.. I just killed my laptop. :( A friend heard this and assured me that the cockroach would've surely died, of laughter! Haha.. it was an expensive lesson. Thank God for warranty, I only had to send the laptop to Dell for reformatting & suffer few days without it. But...I lost a great amount of photos taken in Brisbane. :(
29th Aug was a working day for mum & brother's office but all their malay clerks too off. So, we anchor the office as a family! :) Joshua was the telephonist & office boy. I received all the courier packages & started keying in for 2011's accounts. Joshua also helped with a bit of data entry. Of course, Anne, mum & brother were doing the legal work.
30th Aug was public holiday, I forced myself to get up at 7.30am while everyone still asleep, to spend time with mum. :) She's always up early. We had coffee at the breakfast table and had really long chats. Ahhh I pray that all the stories she told will be LOCKED in my head and not fly off before I could sit down to record them down! :D
It's Raya 1st day, so we went to visit mum's clerk Ayu. Had a yummy meal but this meal left us with a bit of diarrea :( the next 2 days.
That night we cooked dinner. :) It was fun to have almost everyone helping in the kitchen!
31st Aug 9.30pm, myself, Joshua & brother drove to Singapore Changi airport to pick up our uncle from the States, Uncle Charles! He calculated that he's not been back for 3 years, 10 months and 2 days. :) He's only here for a really short stay because his business & our grandma needs his care. We drove back to Muar straight and only arrived at 3.30am. -_- We were zombified but mum made birdnest, so we had birdnest, talk to Uncle Charles.. and I went to bed at 5am. Haha.
1st Sep, I had to work the next day, so we all drove up to Subang Jaya. 3 cars, because we each are coming back in different times. We had family dinner at my aunty's house in Puchong where everyone else gathers. We had fun just hanging out with our cousins, nieces & nephews and also to see Joshua get to know my uncles & aunties. :)
2nd Sep, after work, Joshua send me to Puchong again, we had another family dinner at Serdang.
After dinner, I had a long discussion with my uncle about our ss15 house renovation plans. He does remodelling of houses in San Francisco and has given us great advices.
3rd Sep, we had late breakfast together. Mum & brother drove back to Muar after visiting my cousin's factory in Nilai. Anne, Joshua and I attended church leaders training. After that, we went to my cousin's house in ss24, for dinner again! Seafood dinner, lobsters, crab, prawn, fish... After that we drove Uncle Charles to our ss15 house to further discuss about the renovation. We ended only at 12am plus. When Uncle Charles got down of the car and bid good bye, Joshua and I started to miss him. :) He's a really good person, good uncle and a good friend.
4th Sep, after church, got home at 4pm we both knocked out. At 7pm, Joshua drilled 2 holes on the wall to hang up a mirror in the living room. Then he made dinner and we had a simple meal at 9pm. I called Uncle Charles at 12am to say again goodbye.. his cab came at 1.30am to send him to Changi airport.
Joshua and I really hope we can visit him next year. :) This has became one of our goals for next year. After meeting up with Uncle Charles and talking to him, although it's just few days and few short sessions, our minds were expanded and stretched. We've learnt a lot from him and hope that our lives, our attitudes would change for the better, after getting to know such an inspiring individual. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment