From April 2010 to November 2011. For 1 year 8 months, this is where I've been earning my monthly pay check.
This group of companies were acquired by Navis Capital (80%) and Ekuinas (20%) at end of year 2009, and in April 2010, I was hired to take care of all the reportings to both the equity firms i.e. investors. I saw a promising future, looked forward to witness how Navis Capital perform magic in expanding this company and sell it at a high profit in 3 to 5 years time. Little did I know I was too naive. While being such a profitable, debtless, cash rich company to the extent both Navis and Ekuinas wanted a share in it.... it is not the best company to work in. You see the big name Navis and Ekuinas.. but still this company remained, Chinaman. Low bonus, low pay increment, limited coffee & milo powder every morning (after 10am locked up so have to bring own coffee), strict adherence to 8.30am arrival at office, strict adherence of 12.30pm lunch hour, warnings to block Facebook because of slow internet speed, warnings to cut internet access of low level staffs to cut cost on upgrading internet ram, gossipy and chatty boss, directionless leadership, lack of planning and execution.....
To top it off, I was not given sufficient work to keep me occupied and motivated on a daily basis. As I type, I have nothing to work on, the note pad on my table, under title "To-Do List" is only half filled and all striked off, and this piece of paper is more than 2 months old. Not exagerating. I told my boss, the CFO, more than once that "I'm very free, please give me more work" her aunty way of reply would be "ya ya ya, I plan to involve you more on the operation side." But hey I'm still sitting here, free and easy. Throughout the months, her plan was not executed at all. When I surf Facebook out of utmost boredom, there's a spy, the IT manager will Skype me and said I've been on FB too frequently and his job is to monitor the usage of FB. Well, I could've been more frank with him, but I just kept quiet. If I don't go on FB, I am on my blog, that's why I could update my blog so often in the past 1 year 8 months. If I don't write on my blog, I'd be reading news, window shopping on ebay.... it's rather meaningless and I felt like I'm wasting my life here...
Of course the free time comes in handy when I was planning my wedding, and when Anne was preparing for her exams, I could go back to SS15 to have lunch with her almost everyday, and snooze in front of TV until it's time to return to office to rot. :P I dont have lunch mate in this company until some 4 months ago. All the ladies here likes to take small biscuit bites and snooze on their chair, or they only go out with their gang which I could not fit in at all. Different topics, different lingo, different antenna. I only have a good friend, an Indian lady, mother of 3, in her 40s. Her name is Chithra, she's served in this company for 20 years and finally realised she needed to explore external opportunities. I thank God for her, a true good friend. At least... I gain a friendship from my down times here.
Another benefit that I can think off, is the 45% staff discount given when I purchase the beauty products. :) But that can't keep me from moving on! Nothing can trade with job satisfaction. I am a very very dissatisfied employee in this company, in this position, my heart was crying out for MORE everyday. Joshua had to deal with my papaya face almost everyday and I feel so sorry for him.
Still, I cannot deny that I'm fearful of the new beginning, which will take place 13th next month. I pray that I transition well, I pray that I could learn fast, enjoy the workload, get along with teammates and superiors, and above all, I pray for God's annointing and favour to be upon me. :) A friend in church will be my teammate, she recommended me for this job actually. :) We'll be of the same level reporting to same boss, I pray for God to always be among us, no competition, no mind games.... but when we're on the job, may we help each other to shine even brighter.. and taste even saltier... hahaha...
Okay, I definitely can't end saying... I hope I leave behind a good testimony in my current company. -_- I've been feeling like a fish out of water. Or a whale in a fish pond. The dissatisfaction aside, I pray that I leave behind good stories, good impression, at least, I pray they remember me as a church goer who has good work ethics, despite the heavy surfing on internet! :P

My letters are ready in the white envelopes... but my boss... is in a meeting, I pray that the meeting will end by 4pm, so I can do a simple procedure that will draw a beautiful full stop to my stay in Alliance Cosmetics. :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment