This email always rewinds me back to somewhere year 2003 or 2004...
I just obtained my driving licence not too long and still need a lot of practise. Back then, I have problem even driving within my own lane, I was controlled by the car, dangerous! So.. mummy and Anne try to give me more practise, the best time to learn how to keep to my own lane, would be driving on highway. Haha. So everytime we make trips from Muar to Subang, or Subang to Muar, if I'm up for it, I will drive. The car was a 10 year old manual PAJERO.
Looks something like this, but ours were more well-maintained. :)

So!!
One night, mummy, Anne and I was to drive from Subang back to Muar. I was the driver.
Mummy suddenly suggested that I wear sunglasses because that gives better vision. The oncoming car's lights won't be glaring etc. She discovered it some time ago. So I put on my my glasses while driving on the highway.

Because mummy and Anne was helping me to look out for cars and ensure our car is kept to the right lane, both of them also wore sunglasses!

We were driving happily because we were amazed that our vision were improved! And of course it's fun doing something as crazy as this.
Craziness didn't stop there.
There was a traffic police road block in the middle of the highway. I have not trained myself to multitask yet, so unless the car comes to a complete stop, I was not able to remove my sunglasses........ Traffic police asked us to stop at the road side. -____- He asked for my Identity Card and checked our Pajero, asked a few questions and finally let us go.
We were quite sure... 3 ladies wearing sunglasses in a tough looking 4 wheel drive has cause some suspision! We were laughing all the way back home!!

My mum forwarded the same email to me this morning and I can't help but to reply !
Me : We already wore sun glasses driving at night years ago! :P But policeman stopped us... they haven't discover the trick yet, haha.
Anne : We invented that!
Mummy : So long ago and we didn't spread around thinking we do weird things. Actually at nite with sunshade on you see the road marks (the white line dividing the road) so clearly and also on coming car flash lights NO PROBLEM man!! But end up having problem with jin cha suh suh 警察叔叔 (policeman) and pulled up to side for checking. All ladies with no weapons only have sun glasses.
I love my mum's reply! She's so funnyyy... and thus making us do funny things, talk funny, think funny, act funny and have funny memories to safekeeeeep!
No comments:
Post a Comment