We didn't name it Dolly, here's a picture of a real dolly i.e. equipment used for films and videos! :)

What's needed?
(1) Tripod head
(2) PVC pipes
(3) Wheels and wheel locks
(4) Drill & screws etc
(5) Screw drivers
(6) Sand paper
(7) Spray paint
(8) Old newspaper
This is a tripod I found in my Muar house, which I believe my dad has purchased and never used it. :) I gave it to Joshua as an extra tripod... so for this DIY.. Joshua pulled out the "head". That explains why it is now a botak tripod, hehe.
This is the "head"!
Joshua bought wheels and ball barrings from a Skating shop for approximately RM100.
PVC pipes. They didn't come in very accurate measurement.
We started the DIY project in our garage on Saturday afternoon.
While Joshua was drilling hole on the pipe, I tried to help to sandpaper this pipe to fit into the tripod head. :) I didn't finish doing it though.. :P
The 1st wheel is in!
Very satisfied with it. :) We had to rush to church for leadership training.... so we had to continue later...
And later was 7.30pm when it's all dark already. We did some outdoor and some indoor.
Joshua sprayed matte black paint on the PVC pipes.
And let them to dry. They dried faster than I expected. :)
When they're dry, he continue to drill the remaining 3 holes.
Can you tell which one is painted after the drill earlier that day? ;)
Fixing the wheels !
This is one of Joshua's toolbox. We wanted to buy one but I found extras in my grandma's house and gave him two. This one even had my maternal grandpa's name on. :)
It is not grandpa's handwriting though. I can recognise his neat writings. Whoever wrote his name and date on this box, I am thankful because I know exactly how old it is. 19 years old this year!
Anywayyy... here's one of the finished wheels.
Fix them all in again.
Very smooth! :D
Here's the tripod head fixed unto the pipe. Joshua sandpaper it.. I don't know how he did it. I felt it was taking me forever. -___-
DIY Mini Dolly is completed! The cost is below RM150! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment